Saturday, February 4, 2012

So many colors...

I recently viewed a Youtube video which was made up of a compilation of female photographers whom were given a task of describing themselves in one word of which was written down on a single piece of white paper... As it scrolled through the many beautiful woman in their daily lifestyles, I watched as they described themselves as a "mother" an "athlete" a "Cook" a "friend".... I began to think of myself, and what words I would describe myself as... I call them my "colors"... Its something I look at in every single person I meet, and I challenge myself to dig deep and find those many colors people bring to me...

Some people possess qualities that I do have, and others I don't, but also ones I wish I could have... A large combination of similarities and some amount of envy....

Everyday, I feel as though a different color shows up... One day, I could be a cook, so thats how I'd describe myself, the next day after a great workout I'd call myself an athlete... If I had done that assignment, it would depend on what I was doing that day, and what color was shining bright... As I have so many, I'm sure the assignment would have left me frazzled and confused, which is yet another color :)... One color to describe myself?! How boring when I have so many!!!

My artistic mind over analyses everything, and when it comes to creativity, it must be different, it must stand out, it must scream and describe me and speak volumes... It would send me in a tailspin, desperately searching for the most powerful word to describe me completely... I guess some would say I've got too much time on my hands to search for the perfect word to describe my colors, but even if I were the ruler of the world, my creative mind finds this very meaningful and something I must do regardless of how big my to-do list was... Am I truly the only person in this world that would find this task mind boggling and endless??


 In the end, I've decided that since I simply cannot describe myself in one word, and my mind goes completely blank and over loaded, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not just one word, or one "color"... I'm colorful... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment