Friday, December 23, 2011

End of the year reflection...

As we come to the close of the year 2011… I have the desire to reflect on the lessons I've learned from the paths I've taken… 

2009, to me, was considered the worst year of my life… Almost every day, I begged for the year to be over… 

In Jan. 2009 I lost my job, which I enjoyed and with people I enjoyed being around, I had a good career, and before I knew it, it was gone… I was devastated… But, God had a plan…. 

In May 2009, My father was found dead in his apartment at the age of 62… There are no words that can express how it changed my life, and the devastation it brought myself and my family…. I tried frantically to find an answer to my fathers untimely death, and I felt like the world had closed in on me… Again, I was devastated… But, God had a plan… 

In Nov. 2009, I chose to drive after taking some cold medicine, and fell asleep at the wheel… I wrapped my car around a telephone pole without a single tap of the breaks… The pole snapped in half… Both of my shoulders were separated, I had gashes across my neck down my chest, and both of my hips were badly bruised, as well as my legs… I couldn't move let alone run, which has always been something that I loved to do, I felt like it was over… I was bed ridden for days, but lucky to be alive… I was beaten, bruised, and again devastated… But again, God had a plan… 

I could not wait for the year 2009 to end…. It felt like a curse… I was negative, angry, defeated, and broken… I refused to ever think that some good may come from any of these events… I refused to look on the bright side of things, I wallowed in my own self pity… 

2010 to me was a year, of walking on eggshells… Always afraid of every move I made afraid something was going to go wrong… I got a new job, and settled everything with my fathers estate, I got a new car, and I decided to treat myself to a new camera, as I desperately wanted to get creative again.. Something I lost somewhere along the way, that I really missed…   I was starting to get my life back little by little… Putting the past behind me… I needed to fight back from the bad events that happened to me… 

2011 came, and since I had my year of eggshells, I decided, only I can make my dreams happen… In March of 2011, I ran my first 5 mile run with a few girlfriends… I remember being in tears, so happy that I did my very first run and did pretty well… 
I finally started to see some light from my injuries from my accident… 

In May of 2011, I walked out of my job, after realizing my love of photography was taking over, beyond my control… I wanted to completely devote myself to it, and I did… 

In July of 2011, I ran a 5k with some girlfriends to benefit the Petite Family Foundation… While it wasn't the best run I've had… I still cried many tears… I was giving what I could to benefit woman and families against domestic abuse… Watching Dr. Petit and all he endured in his life, mine suddenly seemed frivolous… 

In December of 2011, I decided I wanted to run my first marathon… And not JUST any marathon… The NEW YORK CITY marathon!!!! Its a big feat but I will do it, even if it takes me a full day to cross the finish line… 

Many people get annoyed sometimes when I talk so positive, and let me tell you, it isn't the easiest thing to do…. There are days I have to "fake" it… But I believe in my heart that positive, brings positive and negative brings negative…. And there is a plan in EVERY event… Good or bad!!!! 

Losing my job in 2009, led me to a path to a job that I didn't want, to a job I DID want… Gods plan… 

Losing my father unexpectedly led me to value my life a bit more… It can be gone so quickly, and I had to start smelling the roses and seeing its beauty because it could be gone tomorrow… It taught me to value things in life, love the people that are around you… Thank god for his many gifts and live happily… Gods plan.. 

My car accident taught me, that despite the odds against me, I can do anything I set my mind to… Nothing will detour me from my goals, not pain, or misfortune, you can over come ANYTHING…. Gods plan… 

So, as we bring this year to a close, I hope my friends, and family join me in my never ending quest…. I hope you set your goals high as well, and take all events as gift of gods grace… My business WILL take me to great places, and to great people… It already has!!!! and I'm SOO excited to see what is coming up in the next chapter!!! 

EVERY ONE of YOU has been a tremendous gift to me… I can't even explain my gratitude towards you all… My heart is filled with such great love, and gratitude for every one of you that has made my dreams come true…. 

My wish for every one of you is to have the most blessed of Holidays… Small reminders of gods presence every day and that you recognize every event good or bad that it is your path you need to go through…. Cheers to a New Year… I look forward to this journey with YOU!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment